Tour of Duty Pty Ltd (TOD) is committed to ensuring that when we collect and use information about visitors to our website we do so in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
You do not have to give us any information in order to use our website. However, we may need to collect certain details from you.
3. Information collection
When you visit our websites, we may collect the following:
- Information you provide by completing forms on our website (this includes information you give us when registering on our website, subscribing to our services, submitting material or requesting further services);
- Information you provide to us if you contact us, for example to report a problem with our website or raise a query or comment; and
- Details of visits made to our website including, but not limited to, the volume of traffic received, logs (including, where available, the IP address of the device connecting to the website) and the resources accessed.
Generally we collect personal information directly from you, however sometimes we may collect that information from public records, information brokers and third parties, such as those identified in the ‘Disclosure of your information’ section below.
4. Use of your information
We use your information in order to provide you with, and improve, our services, for example:
To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and settings;
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you as permitted under applicable law, and to measure the popularity and effectiveness of services such as newsletters, in order to improve what we offer to you and other recipients;
- To maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- For research, planning, service development, security or risk management;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- To allow you to use or access interactive features or secure areas of our website, when you choose to do so.
5. Disclosure of your information
We own the database rights in the information collected via our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties where:
- You have consented to us sharing your personal information in this way;
- We are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so or to protect the rights and interests, property, or safety of TOD or others;
- All, or substantially all the assets of an entity within TOD are merged with or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- It is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our users, your employer or place of business, your professional advisers and parties with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (such as jointly sponsored events);
- We provide anonymous statistical information about users of our websites and related usage information to reputable third parties; or
- We use a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing, for example archival, auditing, professional advisory (including legal, accounting, financial and business consulting), mailing house, delivery, technology, website, research, banking, payment, client contact, data processing, insurance, forensic, litigation support, marketing and security services.
Some of the third parties with whom we share personal may be located outside your country or the country from which the data were provided (collectively the "jurisdiction of origin"). While such third parties will often be subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations, you accept that where lawful such obligations may differ from and be less stringent than the requirements of the privacy laws of the jurisdiction of origin.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You can help us to keep your information secure; please remember that any user name or password in relation to our websites is personal to you and should not be made available to any other person. You should stop using your username and password and notify us immediately if you suspect that someone else may be using them.
We may also visualize third party advertisements on Tour Of Duty to support our site. Few of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site that also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser used by you to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have installed Flash. Such application is generally applied for geotargeting purposes, e.g., (showing Sydney real estate ads to someone in Sydney) or showing certain ads, based on specific visited sites (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs. However, it can affect your ability to interact with our site as well as other websites and it may include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless, you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
8. Third party sites
If you use or follow a link to any third party websites, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we cannot accept any responsibility for their use of information about you.
9. Your rights
The privacy laws of some jurisdictions such as the European Union Member States and Australia, give individuals the right to access and amend their personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your data or would like to change the information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At any time if you would prefer to stop receiving newsletters and updates from us, please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material.
10. Status of this policy
INDEMNITY, DISCLAIMER & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold TOD harmless from and against, any and all losses, liabilities, damages, and/or claims (including, without limitation, legal fees and costs) arising from your breach of this agreement, or otherwise arising from your use or misuse of the site, content or products.
You agree that your access to, and use of, this site is subject to these terms and all applicable laws, and is at your own risk. This site and its contents are provided to you on "as is" basis, the site may contain errors, faults and inaccuracies and may not be complete and current. TOD makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site, except as otherwise provided under applicable laws. Neither TOD, nor its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns will be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site and any other site linked to this site. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
3. Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any breach of these terms or in negligence or in any other tort or for any other common law or statutory cause of action arising in relation to these terms, the site or the content available through the site. To the extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings resulting from your access to, or use of, or inability to use the site and its content, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, statute or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of such damage. If a jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability in accordance with the foregoing, but allows a limitation of a certain maximum extent then our liability is limited to that extent.
TOD cannot guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via this site is free from viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You assume all risk of use of all programs and files on this site, and you release TOD entirely of all responsibility for any consequences of its use.
5. Applicable Law
This site is created and controlled by TOD. Your use of this site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. This site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. TOD makes no representations that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the site.